Rebuilding the Toyota 1HZ Motor – Transfer Case

We were able to reassemble the transfer case with the new upper housing. If you remember from a previous post, we discovered excessive play where the drive shaft connects to the transfer case.

Once we pulled it apart we discovered that a piece of the housing was broken so a new upper housing was ordered from Toyota.

I took a bit to disassemble the old housing but Jan’s custom gear puller made short work of it.
Hopefully now we will have many miles of trouble free service :)

Reassembling the transfer case with new housing

Transfer Case with new housing

Transfer Case with new housing