This past weekend was spent de-greasing all the items we removed from the motor.
We had noticed there was a lot of play in the transfer case and upon inspection discovered that a piece had chipped off the upper transfer case housing. New housing ordered.
On a positive note we also realized that the transfer case is a part time transfer case which was only available overseas. I had wrongly assumed (for 3+ years) that my Land Cruiser was AWD (All Wheel Drive) since the drive train is from a U.S. spec Land Cruiser.
Aisin Lockout hubs will be ordered next so we can save some gas mileage. Plus they will give Bio-Cruiser that “old school” look.